Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another hurdle over with

Well It is an interesting journey trying to get a little building put up on our farm.
I went to apply for the permits from the county only to be told because I live on a secondary highway that I must first apply to the Minster of Transportation for a permit to be allowed to build a shop because it might affect their ability to widen the highway in years to come.
Sheesh I would hope not because if the shop was going to affect that, they would have to tear down my house first to get to it.
Then I get a call asking if I would be willing to not have a road access onto the highway. MMM that would make it difficult to get a vehicle from the house onto the road. The ditch in the front of my house is rather deep. I explained to the nice man that we did not use the front lane very often anyway, but that I had no intention of going out there and ripping out the culvert.

Today, low and behold, the permit showed up in the mail. Now I can go and apply for a development permit and a building permit. Sheesh what a bunch of red tape just to put up a little building to hold my fibre processing equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us through the building of our shop and business of soapmaking, candles, and fibre processing