Friday, March 20, 2009

New fibre!!

Well I am just tickled with the black roving that I got back from the mill today. They did a wonderful job. I was able to bring home about 12.5 lbs of it and they are going to spin about 20 lbs into yarn on the antique mule spinner.

I am sure it will be just gorgeous when it is done as well. The luster of that alpaca fibre is amazing.

I also picked up about 16 alpaca batts when I was there. They weigh in just over the 1 lb a piece size.

The reason I went there in the first place was to pick up the King Size Duvet that I had made with some of my batts of alpaca. There is just nothing like an alpaca filled duvet for warmth.

We have a queen size one for sale and now have a king as well.

Now I have to be patient and wait for the black yarn and the rusty brown yarn to be made.
There is also some rug yarns to be spun soon as well I hope.

I am going to try and get some more of these things onto my webpage this weekend.
I will also try and get some of the wonderful new handmade soaps I have been busily making posted this weekend as well..

Well take care and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us through the building of our shop and business of soapmaking, candles, and fibre processing